- 8 medium baking apples
- ½ cup apple or orange juice
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated Cracker Barrel 2% milk Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup raisins
- 14 cup chopped Planters pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Remove cores from apples to within ½ in. of bottoms of apples. Pierce the skins with a sharp knife. Place apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine juice, sugar and cinnamon. Pour over apples.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until apples are tender basing occasionally with the juice mixture. Remove apples from oven. Combine cheese, raisins and pecans. Spoon evenly into centers of apples. Let stand 1 minute.
Servings: 8 Calories: 200 Fat: 6g
Source: Kraft Foods
September 29, 2004
Prepared by Linda Morrison, R.D.