Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape sides of bowl, and then add egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 22-24 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.