- Pastry for two-crust Pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tbs bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3oz can pecans (1 cup), chopped
- Divide pastry dough into two pieces, 1 slightly larger. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out larger piece of dough into round shape about 1 1/2 inches all around than upside-down nine-inch pie plate.
- Ease dough into pie plate to line evenly; trim dough edge, leaving 1/2 inch overhang. Fold overhang under. Make leaf decorative pie edge with remaining dough.
- In medium bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, sugar, margarine or butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt; stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon into crust, bake pie 40 minutes. Remove pie from oven and spread Honey Crunch topping over filling.
- 1/2 packed pecan halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbs honey
- 3 tbs margarine or butter
In medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, honey and margarine (or butter); cook two to three minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Stir in pecan halves and remove from heat.
- 2 split vanilla beans
- 1 cup unflavored vodka
Put in glass jar and shake every two weeks. Keep in dark place for two months. Then it is ready!