1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. Asian seasoning
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
½ cup beef broth
1 lb. boneless lean beef (flank or top round)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
1 small onion
¼ lb. Mushrooms
¼ lb. Snap or snow peas
½ lb. Broccoli
1 8oz. Can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1.Mix together cornstarch, Asian seasoning, soy sauce and broth and set aside.
2. Slice beef with grain into 1/8 inch thick strips, cut strips in half.
3. Rinse and slice mushrooms.
4. Rinse peas and broccoli. Cut broccoli into small flowerets. Coarsely chop onions.
5. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet or wok, over high heat. When oil is hot, press in clove of garlic and add beef. Stir-fry until beef is lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
6. Add onion, mushrooms and broccoli and stir fry about 2 more minutes.
7. Add peas and water chestnuts and stir-fry about 1 additional minute.
8. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce boils and thickens about 1 minute.
9. Serve over cooked white rice.
Makes 4 –6 servings.
If you are interested in hosting a private cooking class for you and a few of your friends, contact Lisa Strauch at LisaPChef@pcisys.net or Tina Wisler at ChefWisler@pcisys.net or for questions about this recipe or any of the products used in the cooking demonstration