- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced or shredded apples (do not peel)
- Mix sugar and apples. Let stand five minutes. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons into hot (350 degree) oil. Fry one to one and a half minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. If desired, coat with powdered sugar.
*Note: Fry in a deep fryer or a heavy skillet with 2 inches of oil.