Tasty braid filled with spam and cheese.
1 can Spam, cubed and cooked
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups of baking mix
1/2 cup of water
1 cup shredded cheese (about 4 oz.)
1. Heat oven to 425.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
3. Cut Spam into small pieces, fry lightly until golden.
4. Mix baking mix and water until soft dough forms. Turn out on lightly floured board and knead lightly about 20 times. Roll into 14X11 rectangle and place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Spread on cream cheese and sprinkle on onions, Spam, oregano, shredded cheese.
6. Make cuts, 2 1/2 inches long at 1-inch intervals on 14-inch sides of rectangle and fold over the meat mixture.
7. Bake about 15-20 minutes until light brown.