- 16 ounces Beef Tenderloin, cut into two steaks
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
- 2 Ounces Red Wine
- 4 Ounces Beef Broth, Thickened*
- 1 Tbsp Black Peppercorns, crushed
- Heat a sauté' pan over medium-high heat until pan is very hot.
- Add olive oil then add tenderloin. Sauté' until browned on both sides. (Approximately 4 minutes on each side). Remove steaks from pan and place in a 350 degree oven until desired temperature (medium rare, medium, medium well or well done).
- Pour any remaining oil off the sauté' pan and return the pan to the heat. Add shallots and sauté'.
- Add wine to deglaze pan. Using a heat-resistant spoon or spatula, gently scrape any fond (brown bits) from the pan. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add peppercorns and simmer for 5-10 minutes until reduced.
- Remove steaks from oven. Transfer the steaks to plates and drizzle with the sauce from the saucepan.