To begin stacking these meals: Start with three pounds of cooked turkey breast (about 7 ½ cups). Cut all turkey breast into ½ inch cubes. Separate into three equal portions (about 2 ½ cups each). Store in clearly marked freezer bags until time to prepare.
Meal #1- Turkey Corn Chowder w/Dinner Roll & Side Salad
- Cooked cubed turkey can be stored in the freezer for four months.
- These dishes are the perfect answer for those holiday leftovers. They can be made in minutes for the busy days that follow Thanksgiving or they can be stored for up to four months.
- Add three pounds to your Thanksgiving turkey if you would like this meal stack for leftovers.
- salad dressings
- salad fixings
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1- 14 oz. can chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1- large tusset potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 12 oz. cooked cubed turkey breast (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1- large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1- small bunch fresh parsley (1/4 cup snipped)
- 1- package dinner rolls
- 1-bag salad
- In large sauce pan combine chicken broth and potatoes, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, about 12 minutes (stirring occasionally). Remove from heat and mash until potatoes and broth are smooth.
- Add corn, turkey, sweet potato, milk and pepper into potato mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, uncovered 12-15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with snipped parsley.
Side Dish: Dinner rolls and side saladMeal #2 - Southwest Turkey Tacos with Salad
- ¼ cup water
- 12 oz. cooked turkey breast, salad dressing cubed (about 2 ½ cups)
- salad fixings
- 1- package taco seasoning
- 1- can black beans, rinsed and optional garnishes, drained
- shredded lettuce
- 1- can corn w/ peppers, undrained
- shredded cheese
- 1- package flour tortillas
- sour cream
- 1- bag salad
Meal #3 - Turkey & Italian Sausage Soup w/ Garlic Cheese Bread
- Spray skillet w/ cooking spray. Combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
- Roll mixture up in the tortillas and serve with salad.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 12 oz. cooked turkey breast, cubed (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1-can cannellini beans- 15 oz.
- 2-cans 14 oz. beef broth (3 cups)
- 1-can diced stewed tomatoes
- 1-package Italian pre-cooked sausage (polka kielbasa type)
- 1-loaf garlic cheese bread of choice
- Slice sausage into 1” pieces.
- Spray a 4 quart pot with cooking spray and lightly brown sausage.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic cheese bread of choice.