1 ½ lb. Lean ground beef
1 small onion
¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. salt
¼ lb. Fresh mushrooms
1 can (10 ½ oz.) mushroom gravy
1 Tbs. Vegetable oil
1. Finely chop onion and parsley. Grate breadcrumbs using cheese grater.
2. Combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, horseradish and salt in large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 patties about ½” thick.
3. Add oil to skillet on medium/high heat. Place patties in skillet and cook 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
4. While meat is cooking, slice mushrooms.
5. Remove patties to a platter and cover to keep warm.
6. Sauté mushrooms over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes or until tender.
7. Add gravy to mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes until gravy is warmed through.
8. Return steaks to skillet and cook additional 1-2 minutes just till warmed.
9. Serve steaks topped with mushroom gravy.
Serve with rice, potatoes or noodles and green vegetable.
Makes 4 servings
If you are interested in hosting a private cooking class for you and a few of your friends, contact Lisa Strauch at LisaPChef@pcisys.net or Tina Wisler at ChefWisler@pcisys.net or for questions about this recipe or any of the products used in the cooking demonstration.