- 5-8 tart cooking apples, peeled and sliced thin (Or 1 pound of fruit of your choice)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ginger and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Slice apples or other fruit until you have enough to fill an ungreased 11" x 7" baking dish. Add sugar and juice or water and stir gently to distribute.
- Make topping by mixing oats, spices and butter or oil and brown sugar together. Spread topping over fruit and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fruit is soft and topping is lightly browned.