¼ cup onion
2 medium carrots
2 stalks of celery
2 Tbsp. parsley
¾ lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic
2 pkgs. (2.8oz. each) chicken flavored ramen noodle soup
5 cups water
8 slices of soft bread
4 slices of American cheese
Butter or margarine
1. Finely chop onion and peel carrots. Slice carrots and celery into ¼” slices.
2. Snip parsley.
3. Cut chicken into ½” cubes.
4. Add chicken, onion, salt and pepper to 4 Qt. Casserole. Press clove of garlic casserole. Cook 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in carrots, celery, seasoning packets from soup mix and water.
6. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
7. Break noodles into small pieces and stir into soup.
8. Cook additional 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
9. Just before serving, stir in parsley.
During 15 minute soup cooking time, prepare 4 cheese sandwiches.
1. Lightly butter one side of each piece of bread.
2. Break cheese slices into 4 pieces, and place in center of bread, top with second slice of bread, buttered side up.
3. Place sandwich sealer over center of bread and press and turn to seal bread.
4. Place sandwiches into toaster safe bag and grill.
Makes 4 servings
If you are interested in hosting a private cooking class for you and a few of your friends, contact Lisa Strauch at LisaPChef@pcisys.net or Tina Wisler at ChefWisler@pcisys.net or for questions about this recipe or any of the products used in the cooking demonstration.