2 ea Brioche Loaf (or egg bread)
5 oz Fresh Blueberries
1-1/2 lbs Cream Cheese (room temp.)
2-1/2 oz Powdered Sugar
*1 cup Clarified Butter
1 recipe Custard (recipe follows)
As needed Pan Coating
1 ea Stuffed French Toast
2 ea Breakfast Sausage, pre-cooked (use your favorite type)
3 oz Marinated Strawberries (recipe follows)
4 tbsp Chantilly Cream
1 ea Mint Sprig
As needed Powdered Sugar
3 oz Maple Syrup, hot
Ingredients for Custard:
8 ea Eggs
1 qt Heavy Cream
2 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Cut the loaf to 10'' by trimming off the ends and then cut the remaining loaf into 2'' wide slices. Stand the slices of bread up, then with a boning knife, cut a 3'' wide incision from the top down into the center of each piece making a pocket that is 1/4'' - 1/2'' in from the edges, reserve.
2. Combine thawed blueberries, room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
3. Place the cream cheese filling in a pastry bag with a plain tip. Fill each pocket with 2-1/2 - 3 oz of filling. Place on a sheet pan.
4. Place clarified butter in a large flat plan set on medium heat.
5. Dip stuffed french toast into the custard, coating both sides for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess custard then place into the hot pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place on a paper lined sheet pan.
6. Spray pan coating on a metal plate/pan, and then set the pre-cooked french toast and sausage on the plate. Re-heat in a 400 degree oven and set for 8-9 minutes.
7, Place the french toast in the center of a large hot oval plate. Ladle strawberries with some liquid over the toast. Place the chantilly cream on top of the strawberries with a mint sprig. Sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.
8. Place the sausages at the top left side of the plate. FIll in a sauce boat with the 140 degree syrup and set on a 6'' plate.
* To clarify butter, place needed butter into a plastic container and microwave until separated, skim off top foam and discard.