Cajun Burgundy Beef - January 21, 2005
"Cooking with KAKE" - Recipe of the Week
- 2 lbs. diced beef (the good stuff)
- Red Bean's blackened seasoning
- 2 TBS. butter
- 1 TBS. butter
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cut Burgundy
- 4 cups prepared Demi-glaze
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- First you need to blacken off the beef. Coat diced beef well with Red Bean's Blackened Seasoning and satue off in a pan with 2 TBS. butten on medium high heat until cooked a heavy medium rare.
- Set aside.
- Pre-make Demi glaze as per instructions on the package and set aside.
- In large sautee pan add butter, when melted add garlic, diced onions and fresh mushrooms. Cook all till soft and tender.
- Turn heat up on pan and when very hot add Burgundy (de-glazing). Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, prepared Demi-glaze, and dry mustard. Let all simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve over rice.