- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound Florida rock shrimp, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Florida tomatoes, sliced
- 6 Florida eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 teaspoon salt
Remove crust from bread. Spread butter over both sides of bread slices. Place buttered bread in greased 12 X 9 baking dish. Place rock shrimp over bread slices.
Sprinkle with cheese. Place tomatoes over the cheese. Combine eggs, half and half and salt. Mix well and pour over tomatoes. Cover casserole and chill overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.