Lobster and Prosciutto Crostini
Great for New Year’s Eve party!
1/2 baguette (10 in)
2 1/2 oz Garlic and Parsley
Butter - softened
2 1/2 fluid ounces white wine
2 1/2 fluid ounces water
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 bay leaf, dried
30 mussels (about 1 lb 11oz) cleaned and de-bearded
1 oz minced shallots
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 1/2 oz tomato concasse'
Sherry vinegar, as needed
1 1/2 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
salt, as needed
ground black pepper, as needed
- Cut the baguette on the bias into 10 slices, each 1/4 in. thick. Brush each slice with garlic butter and toast in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine the wine, water, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mussels, cover, and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, or until just the mussels open.
- Remove the mussels and cool. Reduce the cuisson by three-quarters and reserve.
- Sauté' the shallots in the oil for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the tomatoes and reduced cuisson and cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture simmers and the aroma of the mussels is apparent from the reduction. Allow to cool completely.
- Remove the mussels from the shells. Just before serving, add the vinegar, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 3 mussels on each crostini. Garnish each with 1 tsp tomato mixture.