1 lb. Red penne pasta
2 Cups half and half
1 ½ cups crumbled gorgonzola cheese (divided)
4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto ham
½ cup fresh Italian parsley
4 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Cook penne according to package directions and drain.
2. In a Dutch oven (double boiler), over medium heat, slowly bring half-and-half to a boil. Boil 5 minutes.
3. Gently whisk 1-cup gorgonzola cheese into boiling half and half. Cook and stir until sauce is smooth and creamy.
4. Thinly slice prosciutto ham into 1” strips.
5. Chop parsley.
6. Add hot cooked red penne, ham and parsley to sauce; mix well. Heat thoroughly.
7. Top with remaining gorgonzola and fresh grated Parmesan.
8. Serve immediately.
Serve with warm Italian bread and a green salad
Makes 4-6 servings