1 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup pistachio nuts
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 Tbsp. shortening
1/2 cup ground pistachio nuts
1. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir butter and brown sugar over low heat until melted.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool mixture 15 minutes.
3. Stir in beaten egg, flour and cocoa powder until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup pistachio nuts.
4. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
5. Roll dough out on a flavored surface until 1/4-inch thick and cut into heart shaped pieces.
6. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for nine minutes at 350°. Cool cookies and set aside.
7. Heat up chocolate pieces and shortening until smooth. Dip cookies in, then coat with nuts.
Yield: 3 dozen