The perfect treat for Harry Potter fans and a great pastry for the Thanksgiving breakfast.
1 box frozen puff pastry
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg, beaten, to use for an egg wash on pastry dough
1. Thaw one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough for about 30 minutes, until flexible but still cold.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl. Set aside while preparing dough.
3. Place oven rack in center of oven and heat to 375°.
4. Roll out dough until thin, about 1/16 inch, and cut into four large circles.
5. Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, brush around edges of each circle with beaten egg.
6. Spoon about 2-3 Tbsp. pumpkin mixture into centers of circles.
7. Fold circles in half to cover mixture and seal the edges by crimping with a fork (dip fork in cold water each time to keep from sticking.) Brush tops of pasties with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes in the center of oven until golden. May be eaten warm or cold.