5 ea. Butter Lettuce Cups
2 ½ tsp. 1000 Island Vinaigrette (recipe below)
2 ½ oz. (wt.) Super Lump Crab Meat
1 ea. Avocado, ¼ inch dice
2 ½ tsp. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
15 ea. Grape tomatoes, halved
1 ea. Hard Boiled Egg, grated
3 ea. stems Chives, 1 inch bias cut
1000 Island Vinaigrette:
2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 ½ tbsp. Ketchup
1/8 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
1 tsp. Sun-dried Tomato Coulis (recipe below)
Pinch Kosher Salt
½ pinch Black Pepper, café grind
2 tbsp. Pomace Oil
Sun-dried Tomato Coulis:
1 oz. (wt.) Roasted Red Pepper, canned
½ oz. (wt.) Sun-dried tomato
2 tbsp. Chardonnay
1 ½ oz. Water
1 tsp. Sugar
1.Remove outer leaves and core from butter lettuce head. Separate inside leaves into lettuce cups then split in half to about 2 – 2 ½ inches wide. Wash, drain and keep chilled until needed.
2.Place 1 lettuce cup each on 5 small plates then spoon ½ teaspoon of 1000 island vinaigrette into the bottom of each lettuce cup. Place ½ ounce of super lump crab meat on top of the dressing in each cup.
3.Peel and seed avocado; cut into ¼ inch dice. Place ½ teaspoon of diced avocado on top of the crab then sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of bacon bits. Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise and place 3 each on top of each cup.
4.Grate ½ teaspoon of the egg over each cup. Cut chives into 1 inch bias cuts then place 3-4 on top of each appetizer.
1. Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, red wine and apple cider vinegars, sweet pickle relish, sun-dried tomato coulis, Kosher salt and black pepper in food processor. Pulse mixture until smooth; scrape down the sides. With motor running slowly add oil until incorporated. Place into a container.
2. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
1. Drain the peppers and then place into a sauce pan with the sun-dried tomatoes, wine, water and sugar.
2. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for 2 minutes.
3. Pour into a blender and mix until smooth.