* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1/2 bottle Sprecher Special Amber
* 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
* 12 asparagus stalks, lightly tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper
* 6 slices Asiago cheese
* 6 English muffins
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 handfuls pine nuts
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup fresh spinach
* 9 fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
* 2 pinches nutmeg
* Extra Olive Oil
1. Prepare Pesto- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Saute pine nuts and one clove garlic until lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool. Add nuts and garlic, along with remaining pesto ingredients in food processor, except olive oil; while pulsing, drizzle in olive oil, until all ingredients are combined and make a creamy paste. Reserve 1/4-cup pesto.
2. Add remaining pesto and Sprecher Special Amber to the ground beef, mix thoroughly but gently. Lightly shape ground beef into six patties; top with chopped sun dried tomatoes.
3. Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Place asparagus around patties. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, until patties are not pink in center and juices show no pink color and asparagus is tender, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
4. About 2 minutes before patties are done, top with Asiago cheese. Brush English muffins with additional olive oil and grill until golden brown. Place burgers on muffins and serve with reserved pesto and asparagus. Makes 6 servings.