Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2012 --- 8:05 a.m.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. AMID CLASH, CANDIDATES FIND COMMON GROUND
In final debate, Obama and Romney both stress support for Israel, and both oppose sending U.S. forces to topple Assad.
2. YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?
The AP's Calvin Woodward examines Obama and Romney's claims, separating fact from fiction.
3. HOW THE SPA SHOOTING SUSPECT GOT HIS GUN -- DESPITE PRIOR VIOLENCE
Police say Radcliffe Haughton didn't have to wait for a background check, because he bought his weapon from a private individual.
4. WHAT APPLE HASN'T TOLD US ABOUT ITS NEW MINI IPAD
With the public getting its first look at the device Tuesday, many details are already known -- except what it will cost.
5. ACCUSED USS COLE BOMBER SEEKS TO HALT GUANTANAMO TRIAL
Lawyers for Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri say that since the U.S. wasn't at war at the time of the bombing in Yemen, the 47-year-old shouldn't be tried at the U.S. base.
6. LANCE ARMSTRONG: HEROICS THAT NEVER HAPPENED
The Texan is no longer a seven-time Tour de France winner. His name has been erased from the record books.
7. WHY GREEN BUILDINGS ARE ON THE RISE IN PERSIAN GULF STATES
Oil-rich countries are realizing their fossil fuel supplies will someday run out and they should chart a more sustainable path.
8. SYRIAN REGIME AND REBELS CONSTANTLY ADAPT THEIR ARSENALS
As the civil war heats up, the opposition is getting more advanced gear while government troops resort to low-tech weapons for urban warfare.
9. AN AWARD TO GET ELLEN DEGENERES DANCING
She receives the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, joining the ranks of Bill Cosby and Tina Fey.
10. GIANTS RETURN TO WORLD SERIES AFTER COMEBACK AGAINST CARDINALS
San Francisco won its record-tying sixth elimination game of the postseason, beating St. Louis 9-0 in Game 7 of the NLCS.
Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.