MADISON (NBC15) A fire in a basement injured two people, including one firefighter Friday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to a fire call at 1313 Tompkins Drive on Madison' east side. Fire officials say a resident in the apartment was sent to a Madison hospital with injured resulting from the fire. It's not known how seriously that person is hurt.
A Madison firefighter, 64-year old Richard Graeble was also injured. An assistant chief says the 40 year veteran suffered some facial burns.
It was the second fire call of the afternoon for Dane County firefighters. Earlier Friday afternoon, Fitchrona and Town of Madison Fire Departments responded to a call of a fire at the Capitol Inn on the Beltline near Highway 14.
Authorities say a fire broke out in one motel room, then spread to two or three other rooms. The manager of the motel says there was no one in the room where the fire started. There were no injuries in that fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.