She's being called a miracle baby.
Doctors and nurses gave little Brianna Johnson a slim chance of survival. But today, she's a happy, regular 20 month old baby.
When she was born she had severe meconium aspiration. Meconium is baby's first waste and is very toxic. Brianna inhaled this, causing her lungs to collapse.
She was hospitalized in very critical condition for the first 3 months of her life. During the time Brianna was in the hospital, her grandmother says she relied on the Ronald McDonald house to help get her through.
“i love this place," says Cynthia Johnson. "It's a home away from home. I live 80–85 miles away and that's just too much to drive to come up here for an appointment one day, go back home, come back for the next one and so on. So we stay here.”
Now, she is giving back. Cynthia organized a fundraiser and Tuesday, she presented the ronald mcdonald house with toys, books, and CD's.
As for Brianna, her grandma says she will have to deal with several conditions, like congenital heart disease, for the rest of her life. But she says she is happy and doing just fine.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.