NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News, Weather, Sports

Parents of Drug Overdose Victim Say She Could Have Been Helped

Sarah Stellner, of Gays Mills, died of an apparent heroin overdose April 26 in Madison, after her roommate confessed to police that she injected her with the lethal drug.

Sarah's parents say they never knew about the 20-year-old's drug problem, and they're frustrated that they weren't informed Sarah had been treated for an overdose six weeks earlier on March 5.

Federal law prevents parents from getting information, unless there is permission given by the patient.


NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1628786 - nbc15.com/a?a=1628786