A chemical spill in the Town of Burke caused quite a scare Wednesday night.
It happened in the garage of a duplex located at 4583 Dennis Drive.
Residents and neighbors were evacuated for hours.
Dane County deputies say a household chemical was spilled. Other items found include fertilizer and cleaning agents, all items that initially led officials to believe they could have been connected to meth production.
Officials say the family was moving into the home when they discovered boxes left over from previous occupants. When moving them to the garage the liquid spilled out. They quickly notified authorities.
Neighbors watched as the Madison Fire Department's HAZMAT team was called in, but no decontamination was necessary.
Still, many were worried.
"It's very concerning," says Pam Vander Linden, who lives two doors down from the spill, "I'm pleased they're taking it seriously; I'm concerned about the outcome."
Everyone is back in their homes. No one was injured.
Officers have left the scene, without seizing any evidence for a criminal investigation.
Designed by Gray Digital Media