NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Body of 5 year old Boy found after Chippewa County Mobile Home Fire

UPDATED Saturday, April 27, 6:53pm

HOLCOME, Wis. (AP) -- The Chippewa County Coroner's Office has found the body of a 5-year-old boy who was previously missing after a Holcombe fire that killed two others.

The office identified the deceased Saturday as 82-year-old Robert Minder, who owned the home, 22-year-old Josh Peacock of Glen Flora and 5-year-old Joseph M.R. Sigsworth.

The five others injured Friday morning are 52-year-old Robert Minder Jr., 22-year-old Robert Minder III, 30-year-old Tabatha Minder, 51-year-old Darlene Minder, and 2-year-old Dillon Minder.

The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reports (http://bit.ly/17pu2Qk) the bodies of the deceased were recovered Friday evening. Forensic autopsies are scheduled Monday.

The injured men and the 2-year-old have been released from a hospital. The two women were still in critical condition Saturday at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

Officials are still investigating the fire's cause.

Copyright 2013: Associated Press
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED Friday, April 26, 2013 ---- 3:33 p.m.

HOLCOMBE, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin state fire marshal's office is helping investigate a mobile home fire that killed two people, left a third missing and injured five others in Chippewa County.

Sheriff Jim Kowalczyk said Friday the two known dead are an 82-year-old man who owned the home and a 22-year-old Sheldon man. A 5-year-old boy is missing, but authorities have not been able to enter the home north of Holcombe to search for his body.

The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.

Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch says the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.

Sheriff's deputies have reopened a portion of Highway M that was closed.

Copyright 2013: Associated Press

_____________________________________________

UPDATED Friday, April 26, 2013 --- 1:01 p.m.
Posted Friday, April 26, 2013 --- 11:09 a.m.

HOLCOMBE, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say two people have died, a third is missing and five others are injured in a mobile home fire in Chippewa County.

Sheriff's officials said Friday the bodies of two people have been recovered from the fire north of Holcombe and a third person is unaccounted for.

The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says the five survivors include four adults and a 2-year-old child. They were taken by helicopter to various hospitals.

Undersheriff Eugene Gutsch says the fire appears to have started in a wood frame addition to the trailer home.

The trailer home is on Highway M, northeast of Holcombe. Sheriff's deputies have closed a portion of Highway M.

Copyright 2013: Associated Press


NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 204866401