Posted: Monday, September 1st, 2014 ---- 8:00am
Fire officials were able to quickly contain an apartment complex fire in Beloit. The call came in just after midnight Monday, of a report of a structure fire at the Northgate Apartments located at 1854 Northgate Drive #206.
Both the City of Beloit Police and Fire Departments responded initially. Alliant Energy assisted with controlling the electric and natural gas utilities. According to Authorities, The City of Beloit Fire Department required the assistance of 12 local fire departments through the MABAS (Mutual Aid Box Alarm System) by activating a second alarm.
Everyone was able to get out of the complex safely, 31 people were inside the building. Damage is estimated at $80,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.