Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 --- 9:53 p.m.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office tells us they received a call at 5:50 p.m. for a structure fire at 5659 Box Elder Road in the Town of Medina.
A neighbor contacted the Dane County Communications Center indicating they observed smoke and flames coming from a barn on the property.
Dane County Sheriff’s Office Deputies along with Marshall, Burke, Deerfield, Cambridge, Waterloo, Lake Mills and Sun Prairie Fire Departments were able to contain the fire and have it extinguished with a short period of time after arriving on the scene.
Officials say the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on a skid loader, which was parked inside of the barn.
No injuries were sustained to any individuals, however several small livestock perished as a result of the fire. The barn, which has an estimated value of $250,000, is considered a total loss.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.