Child playing with fireworks started Racine fire

Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 --- 7:37 p.m.

RACINE, Wis. (AP) -- A child who was playing with fireworks inside a Racine home sparked a fire that caused no injuries, but caused more than $25,000 in damages.

The Racine Fire Department says the fire happened about 11 p.m. Saturday.

The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/1pp73Mo ) fire crews quickly put out the fire in the second floor bedroom. They determined the fire was caused by the child playing with fireworks.

Copyright 2014: Associated Press


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251806231 - nbc15.com/a?a=251806231