VIDEO REPORT: Pit Bulls Save Pet Owner From Gas Leak

By: Michael Stevens Email
By: Michael Stevens Email

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2012 --- 10:15 p.m.

Kelly Bartlett, was at her home in Loganville Wednesday night, when she decided to go to bed early. She had been fighting the flu for several days and wanted to get some rest. Downstairs were her three Pit Bulls, Stella, Silas, and Noah.

She had been sleeping for close to an hour when she was abruptly woken by the sounds of loud barking. When she got up, she immediately smelled a strong odor of natural gas. She says, inside her kitchen, the smell was so strong it made her eyes water.

The problem was a faulty stove. Bartlett replaced it the next day, however, she says, she doesn't know what would have happened without her dogs waking her, and is calling her Pit Bulls her heroes.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186413471 - nbc15.com/a?a=186413471
Gray Television, Inc.