Electrical heater cause of fire at Sun Prairie apartment building

Posted Monday, January 27, 2014 --- 3:27 p.m.

Sun Prairie Firefighters say an electrical heater caused a fire at a 10-unit apartment building Monday morning.

Crews received a call at 11:22 a.m. for a possible fire at 346 S. Walker Way.

Firefighters immediately requested mutual aid due to the weather conditions. Sun Prairie fire crews were helped by firefighters from the Blooming Grove, Deforest, Maple Bluff and Cottage Grove Fire Departments.

Crews had the fire out within 14 minutes.

People from three units of the building have been forced out due to fire, smoke and water damage. The Red Cross is helping them.

There were no injuries. Damage estimates exceed $150,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 242274191 - nbc15.com/a?a=242274191
Gray Television, Inc.