Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 -- 4:36 a.m.
A family in Rock County is homeless after losing several pets in a house fire.
It happened around 10 p.m. Friday night on Highway 26 in the Town of Milton.
Rock County authorities say the fire appears to have started near an outside heater that was being used for pets.
All three people inside made it out, though one was treated for minor smoke inhalation. Authorities say several cats inside the house did not survive. The house is a total loss.
Aside from Milton Fire Department, at least seven other departments responded including Edgerton, Janesville, Evansville, Orfordville, Fort Atkinson, Whitewater, and Jefferson.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.