NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News, Weather, Sports

Apartment Fire Causes $20K Damage In Madison

Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 --12:36 a.m.

Information from Madison Fire Department:

A cooking fire caused $20,000 in damage at a Madison apartment complex Friday night.

Shortly after 9:00 pm, City of Madison Fire Department responded to a 38-unit apartment complex at 1042 Moorland Road. When firefighters arrived, occupants were evacuating the building. Ladder 6 crew went to the basement level where they found the hallway filled with smoke. They entered Apartment #6, where they saw flames coming from the kitchen area. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and ventilated the building.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking, which damaged the kitchen appliances and cabinets and caused moderate smoke damage throughout the 1 bedroom apartment.

Residents were allowed to return to their apartments, except for the occupants where the fire occurred. Red Cross is assisting one person, who was home at the time of the fire, with immediate needs.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186584011 - nbc15.com/a?a=186584011