Fire Dept.: Kids playing with lighter start house fire

Friday June 13, 2014

MADISON, Wisc.--- A house fire that did roughly $25,000 in damage was caused by children playing with a lighter, according to the Madison Fire Dept.

The fire started Friday afternoon in the 4700 block of Camden Rd. on Madison's east side. The fire started in a bedroom after two children played with a lighter.

Three children in the home got out of the house without being injured. The fire department says one of the children shut a door and that kept the fire from spreading to other parts of the house.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263100441 - nbc15.com/a?a=263100441