Madison Duplex Fire Displaces Seven

Posted Monday, October 15, 2012 --- 7:07 p.m.

Press Release from the Madison Fire Department:

Firefighters were called around 3:30 pm to 2618 Greenway View. No smoke or flames were showing as fire crews arrived. Three people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Everyone evacuated prior to the arrival of the fire crews. The fire was out when firefighters arrived, but checked for extension to be sure the fire did not penetrate inside the walls and ceiling of the home.

A pan of grease was on the stove, when it started on fire. A resident attempted to put the fire out with water, which splattered onto the person. He was treated and released at the scene by paramedics. There was major fire damage in the kitchen area with smoke damage throughout the first floor. The fire did not spread to the adjacent residence next door.

The fire caused an estimated damage of $10,000. There were working smoke alarms within the home.

Red Cross is assisting 4 adults and 3 teenage children for housing needs.

The occupants have renters insurance.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174286711 - nbc15.com/a?a=174286711
Gray Television, Inc.