Janesville house fire under investigation

According to the Janesville Fire Department, a dryer fire caused $500 damage to home Saturday afternoon.

MGN Online

Posted Sunday, March 9, 2014 --- 6: 22 a.m.

According to the Janesville Fire Department, a dryer fire caused $500 damage to home Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the house fire at 3:59 p.m. at 565 N. Walnut, according to a release. The fire was located in the basement.

After safely helping the owner and her pets get outside of their home, firefighters found that the clothes in the dryer were on fire. The dryer was disconnected from the gas line and the fire was then put out.

No injuries were reported. The fire is still under investigation.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249186211 - nbc15.com/a?a=249186211