Posted Sunday, March 9, 2014 --- 6: 22 a.m.
According to the Janesville Fire Department, a dryer fire caused $500 damage to home Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to the house fire at 3:59 p.m. at 565 N. Walnut, according to a release. The fire was located in the basement.
After safely helping the owner and her pets get outside of their home, firefighters found that the clothes in the dryer were on fire. The dryer was disconnected from the gas line and the fire was then put out.
No injuries were reported. The fire is still under investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.