MADISON--POSTED December 29th 2012--- 2:38 p.m. A kitchen fire at the Bonfyre Grill has temporarily closed the restaurant.
City of Madison firefighters were called to the restaurant at 2601 West Beltline Highway at 10:40 this morning.
The fire was located in the restaurant kitchen in ductwork above the wood-fire grill.
The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire, but employees were there preparing food for the noon opening.
The restaurant manager said staff smelled something burning and turned off the grill, but that the fire was up in the ductwork that vents to the outside.
When employees evacuated they saw flames coming from the vent.
Firefighters had the fire out within 30 minutes of their arrival.
No other businesses in the building were disrupted. The fire was contained to the area of origin.
The early damage estimate is $100,000, which includes damage to the kitchen and product loss.
The Department of Health was called to the scene to inspect the restaurant before it can reopen for business.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.