Man, 82, dies in Waupaca Co. house fire

An 82-year-old man has died in a house fire in east-central Wisconsin.

Credit: WLUK

Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2014 --- 2:48 p.m.

TOWN OF CALEDONIA, Wis. (AP) -- An 82-year-old man has died in a house fire in east-central Wisconsin.

Waupaca County sheriff's officials say Wayne Tesch did not make it out of the house. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by smoke inhalation.

Tesch's 77-year-old wife, Joyce, was taken to the hospital. She was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Firefighters say the fire in rural Fremont started around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters from Fremont and the Town of Dale responded. The fire appears to be accidental and is not considered suspicious, although investigators are still trying to figure out how it started.

Family members tell WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/1dnI4ZT ) the house was a remodeled schoolhouse. The family's dog also died.

Copyright 2014: Associated Press


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 252309471 - nbc15.com/a?a=252309471