Posted Monday, February 18, 2013 --- 8:40 a.m.
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A 7-year-old boy injured in a Milwaukee house fire over the weekend has died.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office has confirmed that 7-year-old Miguel Quintanilla died Sunday after he was pulled from the burning house at around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police say the boy's grandfather who lived in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the boy was still upstairs. Firefighters then went in for the boy.
The boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to the hospital. He died Sunday afternoon after surviving overnight on life support.
According to firefighters, there were no working smoke detectors in the house.
Police say the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.
Copyright 2013: Associated Press
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.