Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 -- 12:04 a.m.
A student trying to make the illegal drug meth in his room at UW-Platteville started a fire that lead to an evacuation early Saturday morning.
Residents of Rountree Commons were evacuated for a time after a small fire broke out, but they were able to return to their rooms by Saturday night.
Three people were treated for smoke inhalation.
Authorities say the ingredients the student was using to make meth caught fire in a wastebasket.
The student was arrested and taken to the Grant County Jail. The student's name has not been released.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.