Posted: Friday, April 5, 2013 -- 12:37 a.m.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting two Severe Weather Spotter classes on April 8 at the Rock County Health Care Center. The Midwest Severe Storm Tracking Response Center will be presenting the courses to the public at no cost.
Date: Monday, April 8
Where: Rock County Health Care Center – Auditorium, 3530 North County Highway F, Janesville
Times: Weather Spotter, Basic--2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Weather Spotter, Advanced-- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Weather Spotter – Basic.
- Learn about severe weather climatology in Wisconsin.
- Find out how to identify severe weather in the field.
- Discover the different types of storms and their threats
- Learn how to report severe weather
- Connect to Severe Weather Spotter Networks
- Gain knowledge about safety and emergency preparedness during storms
These courses are free and open to the public. Seating
will be limited.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to keeping our community safe and educated on emergency preparedness. For further information regarding the 2013 Severe Weather Spotter
classes, please contact the Rock County Sheriff’s Office – Division of Emergency Management at 608-758-8440