POSTED: Friday, September 20, 2013 --- 9:30 p.m.
Reporter: Phil Levin
A drive for groceries turned dangerous during storms Thursday afternoon.
DJ Hoiberg finished shopping with his wife and was loading loading his 2-year-old son into the car when a bolt struck the light stantion beside them.
"I'm putting my son in his car seat, and next think I know I see a flash and I pull my hands away from my son and I just feel this drilling in the back of my arm," said Hoiberg. "I backed up and saw the light post was sparking, it was on fire."
An ambulance examined Hoiberg and determined he was healthy. A day later he can remember the pain, but can't find a mark where he was hit.
"My main concern was if my son was alright. He was really scared," said Hoiberg.
Staff at the Pick 'n Save in Stoughton say a repairman came to restore the parking lot lights Thursday.