Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 -- 7:50 a.m.
1. WHY THE WHITE HOUSE IS STICKING WITH MORSI
The Egyptian leader -- despite questions about his commitment to democracy -- remains a key American partner in brokering peace between Israel and its neighbors.
2. DEMOCRATS' LATEST STANCE: NO CUTS TO SOCIAL SECURITY OR MEDICARE
As the clock ticks on the "fiscal cliff," many in the party -- emboldened by the election -- no longer want to consider cuts that once were on the bargaining table.
3. WHERE WEDNESDAY'S POWERBALL JACKPOT RANKS
The $500 million pot is the second-highest in lottery history, behind only the $656 million Mega Millions prize in March.
4. SUSAN RICE'S PROSPECTS GROW CLOUDY
The would-be secretary of state will meet with two more GOP senators Wednesday amid fresh concern about comments she made after the Benghazi attack.
5. BANKERS SMUGGLED MILLIONS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN
An international report shows how Kabul Bank officers and their friends and relatives got rich off $861 million in fraudulent loans.
6. WHAT WAS FOUND INSIDE THE FACTORY WHERE 112 WERE KILLED
An AP reporter searching the factory finds piles of shorts from Wal-Mart's Faded Glory brand and rap star Sean Combs ENYCE label.
7. TWIN CAR BOMBS IN DAMASCUS KILL 34 PEOPLE
The explosions were in a district that is mostly loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad.
8. WHO MADE WINNING THE MIRROR-BALL TROPHY A REALITY
Melissa Rycroft didn't win on "The Bachelor" or her first stint on "Dancing With the Stars" but she won the dance show's `All Stars' competition.
9. U.N. ON VERGE OF RECOGNIZING PALESTINIAN STATEHOOD
The U.S. and Israel strongly oppose the resolution, which would add weight to Palestinian claims for a state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem.
10. HOW STEROID ALLEGATIONS WILL PLAY IN HALL OF FAME VOTING
Baseball greats Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa will appear on Wednesday's ballot for the first time.
Copyright 2012: Associated Press