Posted Wednesday, November 7, 2012 --- 8:55 a.m.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION DESPITE WEAK ECONOMY
U.S. voters give the president a decisive electoral-vote victory despite their fears on finances.
2. THE NEXT CHALLENGE FOR THE GOP
Younger voters and minorities flood the polls, and Republicans must broaden their reach to move forward.
3. DIVISIONS REMAIN IN WASHINGTON
Democrats hold the Senate and Republicans keep the House, so Obama still faces big challenges.
4. HOW AMERICANS MADE HISTORY AT THE POLLS
Maine and Maryland become the first states to legalize gay marriage by popular vote while Washington state and Colorado allow recreational use of marijuana.
5. SANDY-BATTERED NYC, NJ PREPARE FOR NEW STORM
A nor'easter is expected to bring gusts, surge to a region that hasn't fully recovered yet.
6. WHAT HU JINTAO'S LEGACY WILL BE
China's Communist Party leader ends a decade in office with his country richer, more powerful but more unequal.
7. CAMERON URGES OBAMA TO JOIN IN TALKS WITH SYRIA'S ARMED REBELS
UK prime minister says it's an opportunity to shape the divided opposition.
8. CRIMINAL CASE BEGINS AGAINST PENN STATE'S EX-PRESIDENT
Spanier heads to court to face charges of trying to derail the Sandusky investigation.
9. CRUCIAL AUSTERITY VOTE AWAITS GREECE'S GOVERNMENT
Athens could lose its European bailout funds if the $17.3 billion package isn't passed, and an exit from the Eurozone might be next.
10. TWITTER'S RECURRING QUESTION ON ELECTION NIGHT
Viewers wondered what was up with ABC's Diane Sawyer, who deviated from her usual straight-news delivery.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.