Investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire to destroy a business in Middleton Monday evening.
More than two dozen firefighters responded to Mr. Nicad Batteries just after 7 p.m.
Crews found the building fully involved, but were able to gain control of the fire quickly.
Due to the chemicals inside the batteries, authorities say they will watch the scene closely for any flare–ups. Fire officials also say some of the fumes released by the burning batteries can be harmful to breathe, but there are no reports of any injuries.
So far, there is no damage estimate.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.