NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News

Family Loses Pets, House In Fire

Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 -- 4:36 a.m.

A family in Rock County is homeless after losing several pets in a house fire.

It happened around 10 p.m. Friday night on Highway 26 in the Town of Milton.

Rock County authorities say the fire appears to have started near an outside heater that was being used for pets.

All three people inside made it out, though one was treated for minor smoke inhalation. Authorities say several cats inside the house did not survive. The house is a total loss.

Aside from Milton Fire Department, at least seven other departments responded including Edgerton, Janesville, Evansville, Orfordville, Fort Atkinson, Whitewater, and Jefferson.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191517651