Janesville residents treated for gas poisoning

Posted Tuesday, December 3, 2013 --- 9:12 a.m.

JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Firefighters say eight people in Janesville have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning since Saturday.

The Janesville Gazette reports the most recent call came at 4:30 a.m. Monday. Dean Latka called for help after his wife woke up complaining she was hot and had a headache. He woke up the couple's daughter and son, who both complained of headaches as well. Latka got them out of the house and called firefighters.

All four of them were taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where they took oxygen for several hours before being released.

Janesville Fire Department Lt. Kent Shea says people should install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of their homes and have their furnaces checked annually.

Copyright 2013: Associated Press


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 234231181 - nbc15.com/a?a=234231181
Gray Television, Inc.