Platteville Student Starts Fire While Making Meth

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 -- 12:04 a.m.

A student trying to make the illegal drug meth in his room at UW-Platteville started a fire that lead to an evacuation early Saturday morning.

Residents of Rountree Commons were evacuated for a time after a small fire broke out, but they were able to return to their rooms by Saturday night.

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation.

Authorities say the ingredients the student was using to make meth caught fire in a wastebasket.

The student was arrested and taken to the Grant County Jail. The student's name has not been released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178536161 - nbc15.com/a?a=178536161