NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News

Misuse of a Lighter Causes Fire in Baraboo; Family Displaced, Kittens Killed

Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 --- 8:32p.m.

Release from Baraboo Fire Department:

BARABOO, WI, AUGUST 26, 2012: On August 26, 2012 at approximately 5:39 p.m. Baraboo Fire, Baraboo Ambulance and the Baraboo Police Department were dispatch to the 903 Moore Street Lot 122 for a structure fire.

Upon arrival of the first fire department unit, there was fire and smoke showing from the rear of the manufactured home. All occupants were confirmed out of the residence.

The first Engine arrived with six personnel. Fire personnel made entry into the home and quickly extinguished the fire.

There was extensive damage to the rear bedroom of the home and heat and smoke damage to the rest of the home.

There were no injuries to civilians or fire personnel. Two kittens did perish in the fire.

The building owners are Blaine and Kim Maybee. They are displaced and are staying with relatives.

The fire originated in the rear bedroom and misuse of a lighter by a juvenile is the cause of the fire.

A total of 22 Baraboo Fire personnel responded to this incident in two Engines, Aerial Ladder, Heavy Rescue Squad and Command Car.

The Baraboo Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Baraboo District Ambulance Service and Baraboo Police Department.
Baraboo Fire Department wants to remind all citizens to keep lighters and matches in a secure location.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 167501255