NBC15 Your Health Headlines
No Need for a Rotten Egg, Food Safety this Easter
- Friday is egg-citing day in the Hermanson household. "Should I dye it all pink or half pink?" says one of Heather Hermanson's kids while another asks, "Can we mix red and yellow?"
UPDATE: Mumps outbreak confirmed on UW Madison campus
- UW-Madison says they're experiencing an outbreak of the mumps on campus. With 5 lab confirmed cases, and more students with mumps-like symptoms, the virus is highly contagious.
Manitowoc officials warn of fentanyl drug abuse
- Health and law enforcement officials in the Manitowoc area are warning of the dangers of abusing a lesser-known narcotic called fentanyl.
Van Hollen, Stepp promote drug take-back day
- The Wisconsin Department of Justice and the Department of Natural Resources are teaming up to promote National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
Pollen levels to rise quickly this season
- Anyone with allergies, get ready---doctors say because things didn't warm up, and thaw out for so long this winter, pollen levels will shoot up pretty suddenly.
UPDATE: Walker signs bill legalizing cannabidiol
UPDATE: Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that legalizes the use of a marijuana byproduct to help treat children's seizures.
Medical College to soon begin student recruitment
- The Medical College of Wisconsin hopes to begin recruiting students for its De Pere campus in June.
UPDATE: Former Medicaid director takes WPS job
- UPDATE: Former Wisconsin state Medicaid director Brett Davis, who left his state job in the middle of open enrollment to the federal health insurance exchange, is now working for nonprofit health insurer WPS Health Insurance.
UPDATE: Walker signs bill exempting medical apologies
- UPDATED: Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that would allow doctors and other health care providers to apologize to patients without worrying about whether the statements could be used against them in court.
UPDATE: Walker signs Milwaukee mental health bill
- UPDATE: Gov. Scott Walker has signed into law a bill that takes control of the troubled Milwaukee mental health complex away from the county board.
UPDATE: Walker signs package of anti-heroin bills
- UPDATE: Wisconsin law enforcement groups are applauding the governor's signing of seven bills that target the state's heroin epidemic.
UPDATE: Walker signs oral chemotherapy drugs bill
- UPDATE: Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill into law that is designed to lower the cost of chemotherapy drugs in pill form for cancer patients.
UPDATE: Wisconsin prepares for health insurance deadline
- UPDATE: Health insurance enrollment counselors across Wisconsin are prepared for a lot of activity as a key deadline under the federal health care overhaul law nears.
Walker orders investigation into disability group
- Gov. Scott Walker has ordered an investigation into whether Disability Rights Wisconsin violated patient confidentiality by widely distributing a report about claims of substandard care at the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.
FDA advisers back Exact Sciences colon cancer test
- A panel of Food and Drug Administration advisers has voted to endorse an experimental stool test that uses DNA to detect colon cancer and precancerous growths.
More NBC15 Your Health Headlines